Monday, July 6, 2015

Finn's First Food

Finn's first attempt to eating started while we were here in Victoria.  It was great because we were staying with family that more than just us were here to witness the "big event."  Wow, the world of baby's first foods could make you go crazy.  I found it incredibly hard to understand what to trust, what to follow, what's right, what's wrong, and sometimes you just want to be told what to do!  I read lots of blogs about not feeding your baby cereals.  In fact, some say it's the worst thing to feed your baby.  However, instead of getting consumed by all the information I realized this baby is going to eat EVERYTHING in the end so just begin, have fun, and explore with food.  We started on organic rice cereal and boy-oh-boy he loved it.  Since these pictures he has tried avocado and next on the menu is carrots, squash from the local farmers market.  If you are like me and totally confused with too much information I suggest reading Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron.  I found it really simple to understand and she is a firm believer in making your own baby food (she even talks about the best commercial stuff to buy too).  




We have a cute little video that I will try and upload soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment