Friday, December 18, 2015

Our New (to us) Bathroom

Jenn and I have always been good great do-it-yourselfers.  We loved crafting for our wedding, for our baby, for any special occasion, for home decor, and the list goes on.  Our house is the best for endless crafting.  I am a project queen and we decided to take on the task of refinishing our bathroom.  We finished Finn's room and so we moved right away into our guest bathroom.

BEFORE
This bathroom actually was actually newly decorated but it wasn't our style.  We are colourful and eclectic so we saw some potential with what we wanted to do.

We began by painting and taking away all the towel hangers and shelving etc.

We found these cool lights at Rona and were so excited to use them.  However, the lighting wasn't bright enough for a bathroom and so we made the decision to make do with what we have.  We are both very happy that we kept the original lights.  

AFTER
We made this towel rack using animal hangers that were either given to us or purchased.  We were given some barn wood from my Dad.  This is original barn wood from my parents farm (so I think it is even more special).  This is my favourite piece of the whole bathroom.  Didn't it turn out awesome?

Our surf theme wall.  We incorporated a bit of beach, nature, and surf in this bathroom.

The painting is from a Pinot and Picasso night being taught how to create a Leanne Spanza piece.

The tree branch tells a funny story that only my Dad, Jenn, and I can really appreciate.  I am so happy we found a home for it.

The lights!  They turned out awesome.  What we ended up doing was spray painting them a antique bronze colour and removing the plastic glass pieces that originally went around the circles.

This looks like a random photo but we also spray painted the toilet holder and the vent which made them look brand new again.

And to leave you again with the best piece of all time.

I am in love with this bathroom and even in love with the pink tub!  At first, we thought this tub had to go however after refinishing the bathroom I love the tub and how well it suites our eclectic style.  The pink tub is staying and we couldn't be happier about it!

Thank you Karen for helping Jenn paint the walls.  These two are the Amazing Painting Team and they do such a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment