Friday, December 4, 2015

Five Things I Learned From Our Trip


I watched this and found it very inspiring.  I feared taking a baby travelling for that long in fact fear almost drove me to not do the trip.  I am so happy outside sources and energy allowed me to still continue to move forward and travel.  It honestly wasn't as hard as people thought it was going to be. I mean yes it's harder than going just the two of us but Finn allowed us to see things differently.  We appreciated parks that much more.  We sat on the ground and just people watched more.  We stopped and met more people that had children.  We connected with families because Finn introduced us to them.  I thoroughly enjoyed travelling with Finn.  

1. I don't use my bike enough as transportation.  I only ride my bike for fun and exercise but here in Europe a bike is used to get you places.  I hope I can do that more in Kelowna.

2. Don't travel without your essentials.  My essential is Jenn.  We have two complete different personalities and without that person to ground me, carry me, and know when I need help I wouldn't have been able to do this.  At all.  I would not have been able to travel.  Finn requires so much of my attention that with her I was able to see, smell, and even admire the roses.

3. Every trip I go on I learn more about myself.  This trip was no different in the sense that I learned more about my weaknesses and strengths as a person.

4.  I think the more I travelled and the more places I saw the more I more I am able to appreciate where we live.  We are so lucky to live in the Okanagan.  I love where we live.  Just allows us to appreciate the good life we have.

5. Eat slow.  Appreciate every taste.  Talk with your company over food at a table.  Make time for sit down meals where you can all enjoy it together.  Food is under appreciated and therefore mindlessly ate.  If we bring our awareness to what we are eating we eat less and appreciate the food we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment