Thursday, December 3, 2015

We're Back and Safe!

I am so sorry to all the people following my blog that I abandoned you for a bit there.  We arrived thankfully safe and sound from Paris.  We didn't have internet in our new home until today so I wasn't able to blog until today.  However, I am so excited to be back at it.  I wanted to pick up where we left off and that is saying goodbye to Paris and Europe for that matter.  

 The love wall in Montmartre. 



  We spent one full day admiring the street artists, eating crepes, and taking in all Paris has to offer.  I had to say goodbye to the Eiffel tower.  It was sure bittersweet leaving Paris because I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to Europe but at the same time I was ready to go home and see my family.  I missed them way too much to ever stay any longer.  It's sort of crazy to think that I finally completed the things I have been dreaming of doing and seeing.  I finally did it!  It brought tears to my eyes to think that it was all ending but happy tears that we were so fortunate and lucky to have the opportunity to do it.  This trip was dreamy and something I will never forget.  Europe holds a special place in my heart and I will be back to see more.  

Thank you Karen for coming on this trip with us and helping us with Finn.  I appreciated your confidence, your travelling skills (it's a thing), your good sense of direction, your appreciation of the arts and most importantly your company.  

Thank you Jenn for being the best wife and partner in crime.  I am so lucky to have you as my co-pilot in life.  We are a great team and you are one amazing Mom (Maddy) to Finn.  Without you I could not have done this trip and even though you weren't too interested in the "history" and "sights" I appreciated your calm and grounding energy.  I love you!

Thank you to everyone following us on here.  This is only one chapter in a huge novel series in our lives.  So keep reading because we are just getting into the fun stuff.  Let's the new adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment